Monday, December 13, 2010

Vacations

Vacations confuse dogs.
Well, my dogs at least.  Especially Bentley.  Lady's been through this a few times now, but Bentley has no clue what's going on.

When we got Bentley it was July, and we were with him every day for about a month.  At about 12 weeks, he had to stay crated for a portion of the day because Chris and I were in class.  I think Bentley thought his world was ending.

Now, we are on break!  He just keeps expecting us to leave again.  Don't get me wrong, he likes us being here all the time, but now we know that he really does sleep while we're away, because he sleeps all day while we're here anyway!  I can't believe he's over 6 months old!  He's eating 5 cups of Science Diet a day, and is weighing in at around 50lbs already.  He's as tall as Lady, but he's still so skinny and lanky!  He hasn't even begun to fill out yet!  He is going to be a HUGE dog.  I love big dogs.  He's going to be so great!

Lady is doing well.  We've lifted pretty much all of her restrictions except rough play with Bentley.  She's been doing great!  We still haven't seen a limp since week 4 post op!

This has been such a terrible year, it would be great if it could end on a high note!!!  I'm holding my breath....

No comments:

Post a Comment