Thursday, November 18, 2010

Halleluia!

So I've been living in this complex for about six months and the weirdest thing happens.  No one picks up their dog crap.  Now, I've always had a sneaking suspicion that it was due to the fact that for some reason even though the complex has nice posts with bag dispensers and trash receptacles, there are no bags in the dispenser.  Haven't been for six months at least.  And so no one picks up the crap because they say, "Hey, if the city requires me to pick it up but the complex doesn't supply me with a means to pick it up, why should I?  They're the ones who need to make the first move."
Now, I totally disagree with this.  I think that if you own a dog and live in the city, getting doggie bags is your responsibility.  You got the dog.  You live in the city.  You should be responsible and pick up the crap.
So now that there are bags, we'll see if there is a decline in 'land mines' in the field.  I personally went out tonight and picked up four bags of other dogs' crap that we've been dodging for months.  Not that I'm okay with picking it up, but at least I don't have to waste my own bags on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment