Monday, November 1, 2010

Dog Mom

Some dog owners refer to themselves as 'masters.'  I refer to myself as a 'dog mom.'  I do not have fur babies, but my dogs are my kids right now.  I don't believe in dressing dogs, except for the purpose of warmth.  I do like bandanas, but as far as pajamas, booties, and tutus go, no way.  It is an animal, and probably does not appreciate the extra layers.  Pretty collars?  Fine!  Nail polish?  As long as it's pet safe!  But skirts?  Shirts?  No way.
Squeak had a sweater.  She didn't have any undercoat to her fur and got cold on walks in the winter.  Lady has a coat for the winter as well.  Bentley doesn't have anything yet.  We shall see....
My dogs sleep with me.  In my bed.  Well, at least they are going to a week from tomorrow when Lady can jump on the bed again!  I haven't been able to forgive myself for letting Bentley into bed when Lady can't, so for now, the bed is a lot colder than it was last winter.  Last winter I had Lady on the covers next to me, and Squeak under the covers acting as my personal space heater. 
An electric blanket just doesn't cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment