Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Herpes or Bentley?

So today Bentley gave me a fat lip.
The last thing I do at night is put Lady to bed.
The first thing I do when I wake up is let Bentley out of the crate and feed him.
Well, last night Lady left a toy out that Bentley's not supposed to have.  A 'puppy' Kong that he likes to try to eat through instead of strategically maneuver it to get the tasty treats.  So this morning as I stumbled around trying to get his food ready, half asleep, the first thing he did was go for the Kong.  I came up behind him and reached from above to grab it before he could destroy it any more. 
Apparently, this startled him beyond belief.  He reared his head back and caught me square in the mouth.  I thought at first that he'd knocked a few teeth out!  Luckily, no, just split my lip pretty good.
I tried to hide it as best I could, but when I got to class I was sure someone would say something, ask how it happened, or whatever.  Well, no one asked.  All day.  So I assumed it wasn't as bad as I thought it was.  Not even during my meeting with an academic advisor did he say anything about it.  Even though I couldn't really close my lips or smile completely. 
Tonight at rehearsal I apologized to the student director 'about my lip.'  I was told that she just thought it was herpes and the other actor agreed.  I felt so embarrassed.  So everyone thought I had this huge nasty infected cold sore that was deforming my lip all day!  I guarantee you, it is not.  I'll admit it looks pretty gross, but it is definitely not herpes.
It probably doesn't help that my stress has kicked in, along with a crappy immune system, and a skin condition, pityriasis rosea has flared up.  It looks like ringworm, but its not, it's just a rash.  Unfortunately it is creeping up my chest to my neck and looks like hickeys all over my neck.  It's not.  Its just a rash.  But this probably added to the whole herpes thing.
So, just to let everyone know, it's not herpes, it was Bentley.  And it's not hickeys, it's just stress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment